Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


This is our first thanksgiving together, as a couple. Kind of crazy to think about since we're reaching the 4.5 years of being together. Although thanksgiving isn't a big deal at my house since we're Canadian, I knew the boy would love to have his traditional dishes. So I started perusing America's Test Kitchen cookbook for some good ideas. Obviously we're only the two of us, so we decided on just a breast. We ended up with way too much food just like the rest of America. I will report that he did tell me that the turkey was the most tender one he's ever had. (Score a million for me!!!) Nothing makes me happier than knowing that I can make people happy eating my food (I'm horrible and love hearing that my meals are better than his dad's), although ironically I don't think I'm ever really satisfied with my creations. I always find something that I would fix, or usually find that's it's not to my liking.

Here's the whole menu:


  • Slow roasted Turkey breast
  • Green beans skillet casserole
  • My own homemade stuffing/ATK's base
  • Brussels sprout lemon salad with apples, cheddar and hazelnuts
  • Make ahead mashed potatoes- sooo easy
  • Homemade cranberry sauce
  • Gravy


The one flop was the butterscotch pudding, it was sickeningly sweet, we couldn't eat it, even with a heavy dose of whipped cream on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment