Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gardening

FYI pictures of the garden we're planting will follow soon, once we get some sprouting! Hopefully we'll get at least a couple good carrots and the boy can test out some radishes! We used milk crates and I sewed some liners made our of landscaping fabric, my first independent sewing project, only to be filled with dirt :p

Trying out a variety of methods, also using sprouting in paper towels for some Kentucky green beans and sunflowers. My mom suggested I used toilet paper rolls to start the seeds, I found a link with instructed here:Toilet paper garden.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen, one week until life appears!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely get obsessed waiting for my seeds to sprout - I'll check them multiple times a day sometimes just to see that small speck of green emerging. Sewing liners out of landscape fabric is brilliant! I will totally remember that for next year. Best wishes for your garden!

    ReplyDelete